Lazy Elf Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lazy Elf Inn

Welcome to the Lazy Elf Inn of Dragon Stone

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Ties that Bind Us, by Vaelyn

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraya
Chronicler
Chronicler
Astraya

The Ties that Bind Us, by Vaelyn Empty
PostSubject: The Ties that Bind Us, by Vaelyn   The Ties that Bind Us, by Vaelyn Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 3:50 am

Published: Dec 28 2007

Vaelyn struggled to his feet, the smile still on his face. Blood seemed to have poured out of him. He winced as the effects of the pain of losing his sire reverberated.

Did you feel it too, sister? I'm sure it was far worse for you. The shadow taunted in the darkness. Another wave of pain hit and it forced Vaelyn to drop to one knee.

Damned fool. Did you have to make it hurt so much? Couldn't you go quietly like the rest of them? Once more he struggled to his feet. Looking down, he still saw the craven beast below slaughtering the townsfolk and carelessly reducing another decent feeding ground.

If I had the strength in my limbs, you would lie dead.

Bending down, Vaelyn reached for his fallen dagger. But his hand faded from reality. Then his entire form began to fade into shadow. Concentrating all his will, Vaelyn regain his hold on his corporeal form. But he could feel something pulling at him.

The vampire looked about him and he could see figures, shadows, creatures he had long since seen. And a more twisted and familiar view of the prime, material world. It was his world. His home. Vaelyn was being pulled back into the realm of shadows, the limbo between the worlds. Then his mind was pulled back, far back to when he first came to this world.

It was far too long ago to remember, but it was before the late Urynmaal was a priest, before that demon even worshipped in Her temple. Back when the demon was just a new vampire himself. Urynmaal had been practicing the art of summoning creatures from other planes for he himself was pulled from his home in Hell by a fool necromancer. And Vaelyn remembered that it was at that moment when Urynmaal ripped the delicate fabric of the planer worlds and snatched the shadow from limbo and bound him by blood to be his chyld.

Then Vaelyn realized what was happening.

Damned you. You summoned me here and now with you gone, I have no hold here any longer. I will have to return when binds of this spell are completely dissolved. Vaelyn stood on both feet and prayed for transportation.

He appeared before the dark river valley before the Temple and melted into the shadows.

Then I cannot allow you to die.
Back to top Go down

The Ties that Bind Us, by Vaelyn
Page 1 of 1